About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
I love doing crafts of all kinds, cardmaking, beading, scrapbooking amoung other things. I love going to art galleries, museums as well as other places. I usually don't blog but I decided to do so for a portfolio type thing. I'll try to update this every now and then lol This is just to share random craft thoughts, products, sites, and what not :D I love following other crafters and stuff, I mainly use yotube, kathykat216, 34,000+ views and counting, 72 subs too :D

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Short entry on ceramics!

This is another one of those short entries. I do ceramics as part of my major and last semester I did several slip cast cats, and I plan on doing more within this week (did ten today!) The glaze I used is called Kaleidoscope (from ceramic supply NJ), it's a milky color with a lot of different color crystals in it and when its put into the kiln this is the result:

Front view of the kitty, it's from a duncan mold
Back part, it has a little bow :D the colors are awesome, blue, yellow, orange, red, and some green!

I used a rubber stamp, dipped it in underglaze (the russian doll) stamped the clay with it while it was still leather hard, went into the kiln, and then painted it with the same glaze surrounding the doll, its a chunky pendant but i still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment