About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
I love doing crafts of all kinds, cardmaking, beading, scrapbooking amoung other things. I love going to art galleries, museums as well as other places. I usually don't blog but I decided to do so for a portfolio type thing. I'll try to update this every now and then lol This is just to share random craft thoughts, products, sites, and what not :D I love following other crafters and stuff, I mainly use yotube, kathykat216, 34,000+ views and counting, 72 subs too :D

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Random stuff including an etching :P

Hey everyone!!!!

I've been up to a lot lately including back to etching! If you remember the photo I posted here a few weeks ago about an image that appeared on the altar, here is my etching rendition of it :D This is just the first proof, I need to work on it some more as well as do the aquatint for it. Etching is a very fun process that involves using soft ground, hard ground, or dry point on a copper or zinc plate. If you're using either grounds you need to etch the zinc or copper plate in different acids for some time (20 mins for zinc; also if you leave it too long in acid it'll start to bite a little here and there like small little marks). After it's etched clean off with mineral spirits and alcohol then you're ready to pull prints! I plan on touching it up a bit more, not sure if I want to do it dry point or soft ground again. I do want to do aquatint after which is going to give it the shadow/color effect! 


Here's a choker that I finished all pink :D




That's it for now! I have some fall cards to post up for next time!
Take care everyone and God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment